Reducing water level after rain-not sure how

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
After a pretty long dry spell where we were having to add water to our pool we got about 4 inches of rain recently. Now the water level in the pool is at the top of the skimmer and the surface of the pool isn't getting cleaned. Depending on the weather forecast (more rain or not) I may need to drain off a little water. We have a cartridge filter that has a hose bibb on the bottom, would that be where I would drain water from? With the pump running? I'm guessing I could hook up my garden hose to the hose bibb and just run the water to the gutter in front of the house?

We have a separate ball valve (1-1/2" maybe) that's plumbed off the discharge side of the cartridge filter. Connected to that is a blue flexible tube that can be rolled up when not in use. It allows me to drain excess water very quickly. I ran it for about 15 minutes this morning and dropped my pool level by about 3". We've had a lot of rain this week, so it was needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.