Intex 16' x 48" new pool, what equipment do you recommend?

Aug 26, 2015
Glastonbury, CT
Hi,

We bought a 16' x 48" on clearance end of last year. This will be my first pool. I'm planning on buying an Intex 2800GPH sand filter and the 7,000 gallon Intex Saltwater system, model 28667. Once I get my feet wet, I would like to put in something like the Hayward SP1091LX skimmer.

I already have the TF100 test kit and an Intex solar cover.

Other than Salt Test Strips - Aqua Chek and some salt from Home Depot, anything else that you recommend that I buy before setting the pool up?

Thanks,
Brandon

Pool toys and a swim suit! How are you going to vacuum up stuff on the bottom? That's a pretty nice filter you have there!

Intex makes a nice pool fountain, I just bought one on Amazon for $20. Money well spent.

I purchased the salt system along with our pool 3 years ago. A friend also purchased a pool around 2 weeks later. I had to purchase a new pool this year due to the legs rusting out, I'm guessing from the salt, but the friends pool is still in great shape. I won't be using the salt system with out new one.

New to this as well. I have the lil shark vacuum love him. Same pump and saltwater system, pool looks great and has been spot on since putting it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.