Hose doesn't fit new vacuum head

New home with vinyl-liner pool came with a vacuum head for concrete pools (rectangular w/ wheels). I bought a triangular vacuum head for a vinyl liner from Lowes. The coupling on the new head looks and measures the same as the one on the old vacuum head, but when connecting the hose to the new head it doesn't have enough friction to grip. The outside diameter of the new head coupling is the tiniest bit smaller than the old one. :mad:

I don't want to buy a new hose.

I am going to try to find some kind of hose adapter or collar or thick rubber band to put on the new vacuum head coupling to produce enough friction with the hose to hold it on.

Anyone else dealt with this?

Some photos of the type of heads I'm dealing with.

Last edited:
My hose has hard plastic, unflexible fittings on the ends. I'd have to cut those off to use a hose clamp. I don't want to do that, nor fool with hose clamps each time I vacuum.

- - - Updated - - -

Other ideas I had were some sort of water proof tape passed around the vacuum head coupling to increase it's outside diameter or layer of caulk around it (but this could get messy).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.