IC60 Installed & Pool Service Tech under warranty replaced with a IC40 Pentair???

TeamNelson

Platinum Supporter
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson (Marana) AZ
My Pentair IC60 was sold to me in 2014 & has 3 mos warranty left on it. I was told by the Pool company to get the bigger unit was not overkill but longer lasting vs. IC40. The same Pool company that installed it came out to warranty service call it today while we were not home. They did NOT tell us they were replacing the cell with a IC40... I don' t find this acceptable - yes I will call them but can anyone give me their opinion - would you accept this?

I called Pentair last week & they thought my reading from Taylor salt test kit of 3400 and the SWG Unit 2600 was a faulty sensor inside the unit that can be replaced for about $90 under warranty.

The original price in 2014 for the IC60 installed "Complete" unit was $970.00 for controller & SWG cell. Now looking online just the IC60 cell is $725 and the IC40 is $535...

What would Trouble Free Pool forum advice say to do? Thanks anyone & all!

Re: IC60 Installed & Pool Service Tech under warranty replaced with a IC40 Pentair???

I do have to say apples should be replaced with apples. Yes the IC 40 can handle your pool with extra work(also less life of the unit) but you paid for the IC 60 when you bought the pool from your PB.

Re: IC60 Installed & Pool Service Tech under warranty replaced with a IC40 Pentair???

I agree that an IC60 should be replaced with an IC60. I expect that Pentair will also agree.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.