You get yours, I'll get mine build in Navasota, TX

My lovely bride got my son in on convincing me we needed a pool. We live in the country and the closest one is prolly about 30 mins away. I grew up with them and hated them due to having the responsibility of maintaining it. I swore them off for ever. However, when my almost 4 year old comes up and says, "daddy, I really want a pool. Please daddy" I guess I'm a push over. Well low and behold I have gotten excited and am looking forward to swimming.

So since im going to have a little extra money (hopefully) after the pool, I figured I'll just go for broke and knock out another little project I have been wanting (needing) which is my shop.

For the pool is a free form gunite 23x32 with 7' raised spa. 97lf. Jansy 2hp 2speed pump, jandy 460 filter, rainbow 420 chlorinator (probably only be used to get cya up) 400k propane heater, aqualink pda with mobile app, led pool/spa lights and led bubblers.

The pool build started on May 9. Was excavated, rebar and plumbing done that Monday. Gunite shot tues, plumbers set equipment and electricians were down wed. Tile and coping took the rest of the week. Ended up needing more dirt for the deck so I ended up hauling in about 65 yards yesterday. We have been raining and nasty for the last week or so. I'm hoping to get the deck formed and poured tomorrow and then get the stonescapes done sat or early Monday so we can get to filling. Everyone loves pics so this is where we are. The PB is awesome. Interviewed a bunch but he was our first pick.

Brett

c4ba8bacc5c73d4ff8c87db4b0d2f227_zpsyghgcalr.jpg

35f7c307ff806a12085559723921ec72_zpsiylyyaam.jpg

910d152b6bdc905070d411aa87c75a57_zps5cxyhcgi.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Based on your post ... chlorinator to raise the CYA .... everyone wanting pictures ... I think you have been spying on us for quite some time :mrgreen:

Congrats!!! You order your test kit yet? ;)

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Based on your post ... chlorinator to raise the CYA .... everyone wanting pictures ... I think you have been spying on us for quite some time :mrgreen:

Congrats!!! You order your test kit yet? ;)

Yes, been taking it all in and reading these awesome builds. I'll be ordering a tf-100 in the am!

On Monday, I signed the contract for my shop. It should, start in about a month and be finished in less than a week. The specs for it are:
40x60x15
40x24x15 gable extension (think carport so I don't have to open a door to get my truck out of the sun)
12x84 lean to
3-12x12 roll up doors
1-10x10 roll up
1-36" man door

i am very excited to get all my goodies under cover and finally have my welding stuff in one place and have lots of room to work. My wife is ecstatic to be able to park in the garage again. I'll have lots of pics of this too if anyone will be interested.

Now, back to the pool. These will get us a little more up to date

brett

e76baecec6285ff72128cdbca0b77543_zpsmhuidzmf.jpg

eb1696b9541af7b4cc7ea0f165973a6f_zpstst7scrz.jpg

41de834d2b729436629193ff9f711942_zps4toih5ey.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Plumbing and electrical guys were awesome. They did an excellent job and really took pride in their work. This experience has been great so far and don't see it changing. Really got lucky with the PB.

Brett

65848226343176b4ec482eeb26c511e1_zps1heofv5s.jpg

fbab20310d71fe6daf4340f981e48a56_zpse70nc3zf.jpg

d3c6fb329f99da3e3230cea51ecee7c6_zpswv1c358t.jpg

When we built our house we had them stub out for an outdoor kitchen on the back porch. Came across a deal on a outdoor kitchen counter. Adding the 38" bull grill and replaced the tile to match and also added a sink. Very excited to get the new grill in. Tile guys did a great job. Thinking about having the spray deck guys to respray the cabinet so it all matches.

Added a pic of the house so you can get the feel for what we are doing. It's right around the time we were wrapping up. We changed the sidewalk and driveway a bit and the photographer photoshopped our yard a bit.

Brett

8e566a254dde3bb16ddf07506de9453e_zpsqpnpb8br.jpg

54811874dfaab3ced4fe8cbdd26b29ee_zps0317ebe0.jpg

I'm more excited to see the garage :) I just haven't come up with the money to be able to get it built. Planning on a 30 x 50 x 15 steel building

That'll be nice! Steel building are the way to go but we're doing a pole barn mainly due to cost and it'll be easier for me to finish out on the inside. I'll keep the pics going when it starts. I'm beyond excited however I'll never be home to enjoy it now! We were originally planning on a 30x50 but the price to go to a 40x60 was only 3k more I think. It was a lot of money but for that much sq footage it was hard to pass up!

brett

Hey Brett! Nice to meet ya'! No kidding about the rains here in east/southeast Texas! Last week my pool finally got up to 80 - now it's back down to 74.

I think your pool build must be a record! Your time line is unbelievable! Your build has to be in the top percent. You kinda snuck up on us, right?! You must be a no nonsense kind of guy who knows what he wants. (I'm sort of dazed still..... Lol!)

I really like your pool design and your material selections. Nice job! And what a great setting for the pool.

We definitely want more info and pictures of your shop. It sounds like a great combo - work hard in your shop, then relax in the pool!

Keep the pictures coming and thanks for letting us in on your projects!
Suz

Hey Brett! Nice to meet ya'! No kidding about the rains here in east/southeast Texas! Last week my pool finally got up to 80 - now it's back down to 74.

I think your pool build must be a record! Your time line is unbelievable! Your build has to be in the top percent. You kinda snuck up on us, right?! You must be a no nonsense kind of guy who knows what he wants. (I'm sort of dazed still..... Lol!)

I really like your pool design and your material selections. Nice job! And what a great setting for the pool.

We definitely want more info and pictures of your shop. It sounds like a great combo - work hard in your shop, then relax in the pool!

Keep the pictures coming and thanks for letting us in on your projects!
Suz

Will do. This PB built my buddy one too. From breaking ground to water it was 11 days. Granted he had great weather but the builder is on it. We were planning on having water tomorrow but with the delays on the decking we got pushed back. Of course I'm excited but at this point we are moving so fast that a few days of delays aren't the end of the world!

we have been doing a bunch of research and still found some things I wish we had changed after looking at all the great pools around us. I think I'll be living the life if I can shoot a deer while in the spa in November. It's about 190 yards to feeder!

brett

A new pool and a new shop?!?! That's is awesome! I wish I had room in my yard for a shop.... Your build is going fast, I was amazed at my builder, we started dig on May 3rd and by May 5 plumbing was done and ready for coping/tile, since then weather has not cooperated at all, deck is framed and waiting on a good day to poor hopefully by Saturday...

btw, my dad has a place up highway 90, Bedias TX, has a few acres for us to go enjoy some country living whenever we get a chance, hopefully in future I'll be building a shop there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A new pool and a new shop?!?! That's is awesome! I wish I had room in my yard for a shop.... Your build is going fast, I was amazed at my builder, we started dig on May 3rd and by May 5 plumbing was done and ready for coping/tile, since then weather has not cooperated at all, deck is framed and waiting on a good day to poor hopefully by Saturday...

btw, my dad has a place up highway 90, Bedias TX, has a few acres for us to go enjoy some country living whenever we get a chance, hopefully in future I'll be building a shop there.

Its great seeing things progress so fast then heartbreaking when the weather delays hit. Hope you can get something done tomorrow. The weather is awesome today! We love the bedias area. My wife gave me a 1 hr drive to work limit so this was right at that!

Looks great! I have family from Navasota. I could never live so close to all that Maroon :pukel:

thats one of the best parts. Aggie maroon is a beautiful color and one of the reasons my shop will have it as a trim color!

bride told me they set the form boards yesterday so hopefully the flat work will be done by the time I get home in the am

brett

Its great seeing things progress so fast then heartbreaking when the weather delays hit. Hope you can get something done tomorrow. The weather is awesome today! We love the bedias area. My wife gave me a 1 hr drive to work limit so this was right at that!

thats one of the best parts. Aggie maroon is a beautiful color and one of the reasons my shop will have it as a trim color!

bride told me they set the form boards yesterday so hopefully the flat work will be done by the time I get home in the am

brett

Whoop!

Love it all so far!

They did an awesome job on the equipment pad! That is neat and tight! It is nice to see pride in work!

Is that a dobie I see peeking around the neat kitchen set up? LOVE them! I wonder if she will get in the pool!

You are going to LOVE having a shop! We closed in the barn here and put in a lift to boot!

Kim:cat:

Love it all so far!

They did an awesome job on the equipment pad! That is neat and tight! It is nice to see pride in work!

Is that a dobie I see peeking around the neat kitchen set up? LOVE them! I wonder if she will get in the pool!

You are going to LOVE having a shop! We closed in the barn here and put in a lift to boot!

Im ecstatic about both builds. Yes, that's leah our Doberman, she is about 18 months old. She loves playing in the mud and swimming in the creek so I'm sure she will like the pool. We also have a 6 yo Rhodesian ridgeback and a 2 month old German Shepard that will be attending protection dog school. My wife loves all the animals and if she's happy, I'm happy. We also have 11 chickens and 1 cat so it gets crazy around here

brett

That is a LOT of doggies! What an age range and types. Even without the training I am sure NO ONE will dare come in your yard or house just seeing them at the door LOL.

The GS will love the water also if he is anything like mine was. My dogs have their own set of towels LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.