Calcium deposits? I think?

So here it is day 2 of SLAM. Pool still cloudy. Ran the brush over entire pool last night. Get lots of white cloud like poof when i brush. Dark color poof over the dark areas of the pool. Raised the FC to 16 before bed. Woke up and swept entire pool. Not sure why but it says to do so in the directions. Brushed again. Still getting same poof as last night. test this morning were CYA 8, FC 12.5 CC 0. After i swept and brushed i added dichlor back up to 16.

Am i doing this right. Why do i get the poof when i brush and not when i sweep. Doesnt seem to be sweeping anything up. No debri on floor bottom only white and varying brown covering. The white film almost covers the entire pool surface except the walls.

I placed a chlorine tablet on the stairs and after half hour all the brown stains are gone. wish i could just cover the pool liner the same way. I attached some pics so you can see the progress and let me know if i am doing anything wrong. Very wet and cool here. Rain all day today and tomorrow. I looked like a crazy person in my rain poncho sweeping the pool :eek: Im determined to get this right and have a great pool. Any advice i need to be doing?

Happy Saturday!!20160521_115802.jpg20160521_115816.jpg20160521_115808.jpg20160521_115824.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The white and brown poofs are dead algae. It should get less and less as you clear you pool. You can also run the vacuum to help suck it up and out. You brush the pool to get things stirred up so the FC can get to it and kill it and it can get in the water to be filtered out.

Kim:cat:

Thank you. From the hours of reading I am doing on this site I think it's scale that has algae/dirt embedded in it. Its a mess. Any other remedy. I read the ph needs to lower to slowly remove it. During slam the ph reading is inaccurate. So should I wait to pass the slam then lower the ph? I'm trying but this is a lot for me. I appreciate all the pool wisdom!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you. From the hours of reading I am doing on this site I think it's scale that has algae/dirt embedded in it. Its a mess. Any other remedy. I read the ph needs to lower to slowly remove it. During slam the ph reading is inaccurate. So should I wait to pass the slam then lower the ph? I'm trying but this is a lot for me. I appreciate all the pool wisdom!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes. Everything is easier when the water is clear and you can see what you're doing.

And you can swim in a pool with ugly walls, but not one where you can't see the bottom. So algae first.

Question. I have been reading about putting DE powder in the sand filter can help with small particles. I couldnt find anything on the process or how exactly it benifits other than "small particles" I have alot of small white floating flakes? Whatever i am brushing off the bottom? My pressure is not increasing though. should i do this during slam?

- - - Updated - - -

also pool is still cloudy. Brown staining is fading. White film like stuff is still there though

Good Morning everyone. My slam seems complete. passed overnight test. water clear as a bell. Now i have questions on the scale. There is still scale embedded with dirt covering the pool liner and what isnt brown colored is white/gray. I have read with brushing and lower Ph that eventually it will dissipate. How long until the Ph is accurate and should i keep it low all season? My FC is 16, CC 0.5, (it was way light pink and a fraction of a drop would of changed it back but i was using 10ml sample) CYA 30 (finally registers with my test kit :) I have a bucket of trichlor pucks and keeping them in my skimmer will probably get it up some more.

Anything else you can think of that i can do? Liner looks terrible but at least the water is sparkling!!

Thanks again to all who put together this site. It has been a tremendous help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.