Isolating air leak

Styxbb

May 5, 2014
Ohio
Opened my pool on Monday. While SLAMming, noticing lots of bubbles coming from return jets. I've narrowed the leak to somewhere on the skimmer side of the 3 way diverter valve(no bubbles when using only port 2). My suspicion is the union is leaking because it is on that side of the valve. Otherwise, I'm thinking cracked line somewhere on the skimmer side. Is replacing that valve my first step?

Thanks

Before you replace it, I would experiment just a bit with resealing it? Do the connections all look straight? any obvious signs of cracks.

On the suction side, you can often temporarily stop a leak by caulking it. It's not permanent and it won't work at all on the pressure side but it might help you identify it.

I loosened the union yesterday to try and move it around and check it, but it is firmly in place. I thought about caulking it. It is 26 years old now. There are some cracks showing along the threads to my pump line because that's where I disconnect it yearly when closing. Originally, I thought that was the culprit, but it only leaks air on Port 1.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.