Newbie needing advice

rrkr

May 12, 2009
Hi everyone!

New here and first time to have a pool. We were looking at a 16x37x8 Lonestar Fiberglass pool or a 16X38x6 Leisure Fiberglass pool. Lonestar has presented a much better quote. We are so afraid of making the wrong decision after reading problems with fading colors, wrong pump, and leaks. The package they have presented is a Pentair 1 1/2HP Whiper Flo, Pentair IntelliClor Chlorine Gen., Pentair Clean & Clear 320 Cartridge, 3 Pal LED Color lights and Control Panel (100 amp box, low voltage transformer, pool pump timer, remote for light and pool pump). This is also basically the same package on the Leisure pool. One pool is 8 ft. and the Other is 6'2". Can anyone give us any advice or suggestions. We are also doing the DIY package. Thanks!! :-D

Welcome to TFP!

Pentair equipment is very good, and the package you describe sounds great.

When picking a company, the most important thing is to talk to other people they have done pools for, particularly people they have worked with recently.

Thanks! I am glad to have found this site. Learning alot of GREAT information here. I will be on here quite a bit, I'm postive, and hopefully will be posting pics of our progress within the next 2-3 weeks. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.