What is a rough estimate for having a pool installed?

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
We are moving to OK soon due to my husband's job. We are leaving a great house with a great pool :(
Of course, I have all the houses with pools on the top of my list to see when I go out to OK next week. But, I'm wondering if I find a house I really like that doesn't have a pool what is a rough estimate on getting one put in? We would want a vinyl in ground pool pretty similar to the one we have now (I think it's 16 x 32 or 16 x 36). Can someone share some basic numbers for putting a pool in with mid-range to mid-upper range equipment and no landscaping work?

I just priced my kit at a little over $7,000 <18'x40'> with maybe an additional $2-$3,000 for supplies if you want to do it yourself! :mrgreen:

I would also guesstimate it between $25-$40,000 depending on what you get, the soil, and difficulty of the dig.

Hope ya find a nice house with a pool and if you find the right house with out the pool, good luck with the build! Atleast it will be fun watching and you can add what you wish you'd of had at the old place! 8)

Make a list of the things you know you want. I upgraded the pump, filter, piping from what was offered. Got to know the installation crew. Kept them happy with cold drinks, lunch a couple of times. They installed my SWCG manifold and Autofill, no charge. I also went around and picked up all the paper work (garbage picking) for the equipment.

I can't speak for a liner pool but, a 16x38 fiberglass pool in Tn. completly installed with concrete will run about $35,000. That's with a 2sp 1HP pump, 425 cart filter , SWG, and deck jets.
HTH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.