Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is a rough estimate for having a pool installed?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is a rough estimate for having a pool installed?

We are moving to OK soon due to my husband's job. We are leaving a great house with a great pool
    Of course, I have all the houses with pools on the top of my list to see when I go out to OK next week. But, I'm wondering if I find a house I really like that doesn't have a pool what is a rough estimate on getting one put in? We would want a vinyl in ground pool pretty similar to the one we have now (I think it's 16 x 32 or 16 x 36). Can someone share some basic numbers for putting a pool in with mid-range to mid-upper range equipment and no landscaping work?
    Pam
    approx. 30000 gallon IG 40x20 vinyl pool w/ cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is a rough estimate for having a pool installed?

Prices vary from place to place and also depend on things like the soil characteristics and how many options you want, but very roughly speaking maybe $25K to $40K.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I would've guessed 25-30k but it is simply a guess. Others who have built recently will be more accurate.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I just priced my kit at a little over $7,000 <18'x40'> with maybe an additional $2-$3,000 for supplies if you want to do it yourself!

I would also guesstimate it between $25-$40,000 depending on what you get, the soil, and difficulty of the dig.

Hope ya find a nice house with a pool and if you find the right house with out the pool, good luck with the build! Atleast it will be fun watching and you can add what you wish you'd of had at the old place! 8)
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Make a list of the things you know you want. I upgraded the pump, filter, piping from what was offered. Got to know the installation crew. Kept them happy with cold drinks, lunch a couple of times. They installed my SWCG manifold and Autofill, no charge. I also went around and picked up all the paper work (garbage picking) for the equipment.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

6. Back To Top    #6

I can't speak for a liner pool but, a 16x38 fiberglass pool in Tn. completly installed with concrete will run about $35,000. That's with a 2sp 1HP pump, 425 cart filter , SWG, and deck jets.
    HTH
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html