Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help me choose a SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Please help me choose a SWG

So after switching to bleach about a year ago, I'm ready to take the plunge with a SWG. I would love some advice/help on choosing one for our pool. We have a Jandy Aqualink system but I can't tell if it will be compatible with the Aquapure. The Aqualink was installed in 1996 with the pool and I don't know if that makes any difference with the compatibility. I also don't know if we should buy an Aquapure even if it is compatible. The systems I am currently considering are the Hayward/Goldline, Autopilot, and Jandy Aquapure. Basically I am interested in getting something that is fairly easy to maintain, the less that can fail the better, and I want to get the best value for our money. I would also consider other brands/models, so feel free to throw anything else at me.

Thank you so much for your help!
    16,000 gallon IG gunite pool w/attached spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Sta-Rite DE Filter, 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, Polaris 280, iAqualink, blower, Jandy Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Please help me choose a SWG

Autopilot here, bias. No experience with the other brands, but many people here seem happy with any of the brands you listed.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Strannik! Where is the supporter's specials section? I can't seem to find it on the site.

Thanks Dave! It does seem like there are lots of happy Autopilot customers here, which says alot.

Can anyone way in on going with the Aquapure for the sole reason of using Aqualink? Are there really that many benefits to linking the systems?
    16,000 gallon IG gunite pool w/attached spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Sta-Rite DE Filter, 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, Polaris 280, iAqualink, blower, Jandy Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

The linkage is not that big a deal, it lets you set the percentage from the remote(s) and read out the salt level on the remote(s). If you have a spa there is one additional feature, it will adjust the SWG percentage to be appropriate for the spa automatically when you switch to spa mode.

The Supporters Only Specials area is down in the TFP Supporters section, towards the bottom of the main index page. You can only see it if you are a lifetime supporter. You are, so you should be able to see it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School