Pool circulation issues

May 18, 2016
scotch plains/nj
Hi all. I have a 20x40 rectangular pool with two skimmers and two return jets all on the same side of the pool. It goes skimmer-jet-jet-skimmer. It's obviously not a great design but not much I could do about it because I didn't build the pool. It was already there. Anyway, because there are no returns opposite the skimmers I get very poor pool circulation. Debris seems to end up in the corners opposite the skimmers. Is there an optimal direction to face the return jets to alleviate this problem? Or is there some other way that I could increase circulation in my pool short of tearing it up and starting over and designing it properly. Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Generally, it is best to try to create a circular rotation in the pool, either counterclockwise or clockwise by pointing the returns in the same direction. One usually works better than the other depending on wind or how close the return is to the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.