Solar-Blanket Repair ?

Apr 13, 2007
Canada
I have an older solar-blanket and because the pool is a "lazy L " shape, the blanket takes quite a beating ( as I have to partially fold it in order to make the turn and get it on the reel)

The seams are starting to tear-apart. Is there a paticular repair material that I should use to fix the rips?
( or is duct tape the way to go?)

I'd like to at least get through this year without buying a new solar cover

Well, "The Handyman's Secret Weapon", aka duct tape, does come in an array of nice decorative colors, these days. :lol:

I don't know the real answer to your question, but boy, I've used that stuff for a myriad of repair jobs that held up through rain, so perhaps it would work for your cover.

I have the same problem with my 24' round solar blanket. It's starting to rip at the seams. I have seen solar blanket tape online for $6, but that looks like it is more for patching holes than fixing ripped seams. Unless anyone else has any suggestions, I'm going to go with the medium duty tarp repair tape I found online for $18 for a 3" wide x 60' long roll.

Gorilla tape.

We cut our solar cover to make it easier to put on and take off. We taped the seam ends and edges with Gorilla tape. It has withstood water, sun, and frequent handling and is still stuck on as tightly as ever.

I have an older solar-blanket and because the pool is a "lazy L " shape, the blanket takes quite a beating ( as I have to partially fold it in order to make the turn and get it on the reel)

The seams are starting to tear-apart. Is there a paticular repair material that I should use to fix the rips?
( or is duct tape the way to go?)

I'd like to at least get through this year without buying a new solar cover

Try the clear gorilla tape. It appears that it meets all of the requirements for doing a repairs such as this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.