Pentair Sand Dollar Filter

May 12, 2009
I currently have this filter with 1 1/2 pipe coming out of it. I'm in the process of installing a Salt Chlorinator which is 2"....Is it possible to run 2" pipe out of the filter valve, run it to the T-Cell and Flow meter, then reduce it down to 1 1/2" to match up with the rest of my plumbing....

Thanks

The simplest solution would be to put 2" > 1.5" bushings in the unions for the cell. If you decide to do 2" from the filter you'll need to go 1.5" Male Adapter, about 4" of 1.5" pipe into a 2" > 1.5" bushing, into a 2" coupling. Always nice to add 2" pipe where you can but the Sand Dollar Valve restricts you to 1.5" GPM rates anyway.

I asked them to make a 2" valve for the SD-80. They said they were working on it. 2 years ago...

Thanks....If you look at the outlet on the valve, currently there is a 1.5" male pvc threaded fitting in there. It appears that it can accept a 2" female PVC threaded fitting, but not sure if thats the case or not...The threads look a little coarse...

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.