Is this Normal?

I opened my pool about 3 weeks ago. I had some winter cover issues, cheaper is not better. So I started with a green swamp. I started the SLAM process with a small sand filter. After a week of noticeable change in color but not clarity. I switched out to a bigger sand filter (26), with no change in clarity. Do I just gave to continue to wait or do I have a problem?

Here are my numbers from this morning.

FC: 22
CC: 0
PH: 7.1
CYA: 40
TA: 70

I know my FC is higher than SLAM level but I added one more bottle of 10%,than usual because of my work schedule. It has also been cloudy the last two days. OCLT is zero.

Three weeks is not normal. However, lingering cloudiness is very common. Sand filters are the slowest about clearing a SLAM.

Two suggestions: 1)Add DE to the filter, so it forms a finer layer on top of the sand bed and screens out smaller particles
2) Do what you can to increase circulation down low. You want whatever's floating in the water to find its way to the filter. If all you have is a skimmer at the surface, it's not going to make it. So brush a lot. Point a return down to get the water stirred up. Or connect the vacuum and set it on its side or upside down and use it as a drain down at the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.