FAS/DPD doing crazy things

Rocket50

Gold Supporter
Apr 29, 2016
Nashville, TN
My FAS/DPD tests is showing crazy numbers. Tested this morning and FC was 17.5. Doing a SLAM so want the FC at 20. Put in 1/2 gallon this morning to bring FC to 19. Tested again when I got home from work. FC was 14.5. Added 2 gallons of 10% chlorine to bring it back to FC 20.5. Just tested and it is FC 27.5. Been using pool math and have everything dialed in correctly. What am I missing? What could be going on?

10 % bleach from Walmart in the pool section. 20x40 foot rectangular pool, 3 feet to 8 feet. 32,900 gallons. Unless the bleach is stronger than what is advertised on the label... I don't know. This happened a few days ago as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CC has been 0-.5 from the beginning. I have been losing less and less FC each day and never lost more than 5 FC when I first started on 5/13. Kind of cloudy and rainy today and tested out at 19.5 tonite. So a .5 FC loss today during the day. Sounds like its time to order more DPD powder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.