My Pool Build in Cypress, TX

MarkTX

Bronze Supporter
Nov 15, 2015
Cypress, TX
Hello TFPers,

My pool is actually already (recently) built, with your help, and I documented some of it. I missed taking pics of some steps, but I thought I should share what I have. We are working on landscaping now, so those developments are yet to come. First, the before:

living%20room%201_zpsmuubzalx.jpg

View of the backyard from our family room. Not a good picture at all, but hard for my iPhone to expose properly. You can see that our backyard is an empty void.

back%20corner%202_zps4n7vauwg.jpg

The unused backyard. So sad.

back%20corner%203_zpsrnneoobp.jpg

The other side of the backyard, with utility marking paint. I include this for "after" comparison later.

backyard%201_zpsewbpvxrz.jpg

Finally, a view from the back porch, right outside the door. This is what you see when you step outside.

More pics to come. Pavers and gunite next!

That's gonna' look terrific, Mark. You have little ones to help enjoy it?

Yes, three little ones, not counting myself. I am the biggest kid of all :)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, this is the part where you see the proposed/planned design. Four PBs and one revision later, this is what we settled on.

"Settled on" are not actually the right words, we were quite excited!

pool%20plan_zpsxydfapeb.jpg

Ultimately, this had to change slightly, due to unforeseen challenges with our yard's varying elevations.

This is fun to watch - not as much suspense since it's already built. I like these!!!!

I'm envious of the size pool you have! Ya'll have such a huge yard. Your design suits the area perfectly! I'd love a 30k gallon pool with an 8' deep end! And an outdoor bathroom? Heaven!

Keep the pictures comin'!
Suz

Oh that looks awesome! And is that a pergola over your sunshelf? If so very nice. We originally wanted one right at the edge of a sunshelf (geometric design), but went with freeform and our covered patio extends just over the coping.

Wow! That's a big pool! What a beautifully designed set up. I like how the decking wraps so nicely around the orientation of your existing patio. I'd love to have a cabana bath! That is going to be so handy. Can't wait to see the pics of this come to life!

Oh that looks awesome! And is that a pergola over your sunshelf? If so very nice. We originally wanted one right at the edge of a sunshelf (geometric design), but went with freeform and our covered patio extends just over the coping.

In the end we cancelled the pergola. Although sometimes I still regret it. Inside the house, our stairs/balcony whatever you call it looks out over the pool. A pergola there would have blocked our view of the water. And when I say our, I mean my view of the water. The wifey really wanted the pergola. That is still an option going forward.

Are you ready for some mud?! Warning - DO NOT step off of the pavers!

bar%20from%20pool_zpsecmtayrm.jpg

My wife wanted her outdoor kitchen just right, so she changed the plans a little. Here is the footprint of our future "bar". The pavers always look better when wet, don't they?

bar_zpsnvex23xd.jpg

Imagine yourself seated at the bar, this is what it will look like. You can see the spa in the rear.

from%20spa_zpswehjve6a.jpg

Same as above, in reverse.

spa_zpszgqkofzc.jpg

A closer view of the spa. Did you notice those 2x4s holding up my fence? We had a wind storm and I assumed that was why it fell down. But my neighbor across the fence saw the whole thing. The Bobcat backed into it, snapping both 4x4 posts and knocking it down. The workers just tacked it back... and the first storm blew it down again. I had the PB fix it right, with new 4x4s, cemented in place :)

bathroom%20side_zpsw8ita1ww.jpg

Speaking of the Bobcat (btw did you know Bobcats are upwards of $100,000? Nice machines), here is a view of the side where the new "Cabana" went. I call it a bathroom, but someone said "Cabana", woohoo! You can see the pool equipment in the back corner. This was also known as the Bobcat Trail.

Here there be monsters. DO NOT step off of the pavers!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree totally. I did not ask for/expect that, but it was included. The travertine guy is an experienced industry pro that our PB always hires. I have to say, all things considered, the curbs are probably the most outstanding feature of our space. And thank you!

I thought I will be the only guy here that looked at the curbs and thought they were done so well. Almost as if it was painstakingly designed!! You definitely got a good crew.

Looks really nice. Is that cutout of the pavers for a flagstone inlay? If so, that's an interesting touch on the travertine. I also agree that the curbs look very well done. I hope ours turn out like that since the patio will be 12-18" out of the ground behind our spa.

Updated my avatar today, Memorial Day, 2016. Do you like? The sun finally came back out...

As you can see, the pavers look much lighter (not as pretty) when they are dry.

Waiting on HOA to approve my palms for the pool area.

Looking forward to seeing more pics! Your HOA has to approve your palms? I just ordered mine. Didn't think I had to get approval for trees?!! Oh well! I looked at your avatar, but I can't get it to zoom in on my computer. The tiny pic looks great! I love the blue surf when the sun is shining!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.