Pump Won't turn on - (Sometimes)..

G

I think I have a short in my power line from the wall to my pump.

While trying to prime the pump for the first time this season, it failed to turn back on my third attempt.
I reached down where the electrical cord enters the back of the pump and pulled gently the cord away from the pump. It turned right back on. I pushed the cord back in, and it failed again. Pulled it back out a ways, and it works again and hasn't yet failed. I don't feel comfortable using the pump this summer until this problem is addressed by a professional who can not only fix it, but insure that it is safe. Last summer, the power circuit was tripped a few times while pump was running.

My question:
Who do I call? Pool guy or electrician? Who is most affordable and reliable? I'm so sick of the fortune I've been spending on this pool. I bought it with the house two years ago. Last year, I spent $750 on a new heat exchanger. I became determined to take care of the pool myself, but electrical stuff is something I won't mess with.

Thank you Jason. I hope to spend some time here being useful other than just begging and pleading for answers.

Lately, I've had nothing but headaches and spent boocoo dollars keeping this pool working. it's been one thing after another!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.