Intellichem History--Can I get actual dosages from the data?

davethomaspilot

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2015
Apex,NC
The ScreenLogic interface shows acid and chlorine dosing on a timeline. The bars that indicate the dosing times have different widths--the width of the bar probably indicates the amount of the dose.

The amount of acid/chlorine used/remaining is also indicated in a six segment bar graph.

I don't think the ScreenLogic interface has a way to get the actual dose amounts, but maybe the data it uses for this history chart is available somewhere? I was thinking I could get the actual dosage amount from that data.

Has anybody found something like that, either in a local file on a laptop, or by "eavesdropping" on the RS-485 bus?

I don't think it works based on a dosage.

When the FC is sensed low (or the pH sensed high), the pump turns on (it will always feed at the same rate). Then when the FC or pH is sensed in range, the pump turns off. So the width of the band is likely just the on/off time.

My guess is that it makes some assumption of the rate of the pump (or maybe that was an input?) and uses that and the time on/off to estimate the usage/remaining amounts.

I don't think it could stay on until ph/orp reaches target. It takes a while for the chemical(s) to mix with the water.

I can also see in the history that when the actual value is far from the target, it takes several doses to reach target. Even when the volume limit per dosage is set high.

The manual talks about the dosage amount being varied based on how far the current reading is from the setpoint. By default, the dosage amount (per dosing) is lowered as you get closer to the setpoint.

If I could get the actual time of each dosing, I could determine the amount dosed from that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.