How many gallons will this SWG service?

It looks like it goes to a Hayward Aquarite. What cell type is selected in the diagnostics?

What are all of the diagnostics while operating?

What is the actual salt level as tested by a Taylor K-1766?

If it's equivalent to a t15 cell, it will make 23 oz of chlorine gas per day, which would provide about 4 ppm chlorine per day for a 40,000 gallon pool.

Thanks for the response.
This is my neighbor's pool and between us, we don't know much....
Anyway, the box is a Hayward Swim Pure.
When I scroll through the diagnostics, it says:
100P
Al-0
r 1.4

The Inspect Cell light is ON
The Check Salt is ON
I have the Taylor Test Kit K1766 and it reads 2800
The Cell is clear plastic and "looks" new inside.

I'm lost......

With a software revision of 1.4, that must be the equivalent of the T-15 cell (as described above).

The salt reading is 1400ppm which is too low and thus the lights you seeing. Did you look in the cell and not see any scaling?
You might just need to have the cell tested at the pool store as it very well could be bad if you independently test the salt level as 2800ppm.

With r1.4, it should be the equivalent of a t15, but it might be the wrong cell.

Move the switch to off, wait 1 minute, move the switch to auto, scroll to instant salt (the number after 100p) and watch the number as the unit comes on. It should start high and go down the the salt reading. If the display reverts to the average salt level, press the diagnostic button to get back to instant salt. Instant salt has a negative sign in front to differentiate it from the average salt. Report the instant salt level. Also get the other diagnostics when generating.

Also note that the Swimpure is the same as an aquarite. Hayward makes the same model under a bunch of different names. Swimpure, H40, mineral springs, naturesoft, smartpure etc.

The cells are all the same physical size. The difference is in the total plate surface area. There are 13 plates in a T15 cell.

The plates are 2.5" x 5-15/16". The total surface area is about 193 square inches (2.5 x 5.9 x 13) (Double if you count both sides of the plates).

Your cell is clear but it's not obvious if you can check the length of the plates. You might be able to check if you remove the cell and measure the titanium plates from the inside going through the ends.

The best way to check the cell is to check the instant salt against a known good salt test like the k-1766.

If the voltage going to the cell is good and the instant salt consistently matches the known good test, then the cell is a T-15 equivalent and is working properly.

If the voltage going to the cell is good and the instant salt is more than 800 ppm lower than the known good test, then the cell is either the wrong cell or it is worn out.

Thanks James.
One more issue.
The Inspect Cell and Generating lights are ON.
I think the Inspect Cell light comes ON as a reminder after certain time period. In my neighbor's case, I believe that the unit was not being used but plugged in for several months. If so, can I reset the Inspect Cell light some how without unplumbing the unit?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, all looks good now. Is your current salt level (k-1766 ) matching the box reading?

As long as the salt reading on the box matches the actual salt level in the pool, the cell is correct and working properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.