high alkalinity. low ph...help

May 17, 2016
Maple Grove, MN
I have been to numerous pool stores and everyone is telling me something different. My TA was 230 and ph was 7.6. They told me to add 3 gallons of muriatic acid 1/2 gallon at a time in one spot in the deep end of the pool with pump running. Went and got the water tested a week later and TA went to 248 and ph 7.1 My CYA is 39, total chlorine is 9.9. What can I do to get these numbers where they are supposed to be. The pool is crystal clear and have not turned the heater on yet in MN so the water is 60 degrees. Pump is running continuously. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can't go back to the pool store and have someone give me another wrong answer!:mad:

Welcome tO TFP!

Good idea! I use the TF100 from TFTestkits.net. Get one and never look back!

After you get the kit and a week or so later, you will find it pretty easy. When I first started up my new pool, I was trying to get to the pool store every day to ensure all was right. I actually already had the TFT kit but wanted the print outs for warranty purposes. The fun of going to the store daily wore off really fast and I am just recording the numbers myself in the spreadsheet. Within the few weeks I have been doing this, I already started to get a feel for what is needed. Right now with a new pool, I need 10-14oz of Acid and Chlorine a day to maintain once I got my CYA to 30.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.