Question re stir stick

tko

Apr 13, 2016
Portland/OR
I received my TF100 and my stir stick
yesterday. I notice that 10mL in the containers in the test kit doesn't equal 10mL in the stir stick container. I poured 10mL from the chlorine only container into the stir stick container and it showed 11.5mL in the latter (without the capsule added)....has anyone else noticed this?

Are you looking at the bottom of the meniscus? I notice that this is more pronounced in some of the vials.

I have noticed that as well. The chlorine only vial that comes with the TF-100 (that has the bump in the bottom) has a nearly flat meniscus. The calibrated Taylor cylinder that comes with the SpeedStir has a deeper meniscus.

th+(1).jpg

Either way, I'm sure as soon as I get home, I'll be checking mine!

I received my TF100 and my stir stick
yesterday. I notice that 10mL in the containers in the test kit doesn't equal 10mL in the stir stick container. I poured 10mL from the chlorine only container into the stir stick container and it showed 11.5mL in the latter (without the capsule added)....has anyone else noticed this?

I just did the same thing, and with the same result. Definitely closer to the 11.5ml line in the cylinder that came with the speed stir.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.