Heater Location Question

I had my pool heater (pentair Mastertemp 125) installed today, and the installer placed the heater with exhaust (side exhaust) facing the pool wall. It is about 8 inches away from the pool wall, and the exhaust is directed upwards. This heater is a propane heater, and I am concerned about the heat from the exhaust damaging the pool wall. The manual shows that the exhaust, when placed outside (which it is), must be 6" from any wall, but they show a brick wall. The heater has not been operated yet since the gas company has not completed their end, so I do not know how hot the exhaust actually is. Should I be concerned? Any thoughts please.

Your manual should show the clearances around the unit, like you say it does. If it specifically shows/needs a brick wall it should mention that as well. I don't see a depiction of a brick wall in the manual, but since you are over the 6" required I would not worry. Worst case you could place a scrap piece of plywood or even cardboard against the pool then run the unit and see if it (the plywood) gets hot. I suspect you will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.