Radiant pools with deluxe coping

Are they suppose to be of the pool like that? What do your others ones look like?

Hi I was looking for something else and came across your post. I do not have the deluxe coping, just the basic but mine have the same issue. Everything else about the pool is top quality but the clips are absolute garbage. Just the dog (85lbs) standing on them can pop them loose... I thought about screwing them in but im just lazy... LOL

All of my clips looked like this. You could move them around with your pinky finger. Fortunately, Tim from Radiant pools was in the area and was able to swap them out. Decreasing the small gap between the clip and where the coping bends made a huge difference.

MMMM923, you might want to try thick double sided tape. That was the suggestion I was given if the new clips were still a problem.

Yep, the clips could use some improvement; they move at the lightest touch:

20160627_174635.jpg

Radiant salesman visited us recently, and said we could screw them down like we did the coping.

Radiant, are you listening? (I know you're lurking, Eric.) These clips could use some design attention!! BTW, thanks again for the bracing; it's installed!

Chas do you think I could screw down from the top? My clips are installed in a similar way. If so I have several extra white screws that I used to install the coping - good news is it will still look like bad but it will match.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Chas do you think I could screw down from the top? My clips are installed in a similar way. If so I have several extra white screws that I used to install the coping - good news is it will still look like bad but it will match.

Fastening from the top . . . hmmmm; need to contemplate that a while . . .

Radiant, are you listening? (I know you're lurking, Eric.) These clips could use some design attention!! BTW, thanks again for the bracing; it's installed!

Hi all!! Sorry for the delay in response, it's certainly that time of the year!! Between being offsite for various installer training sessions and day-to-day entries, I haven't had the chance to log on here in a bit.

Chasmengr, glad you got your straight wall bracing kit installed, your entire installation looks incredible!

2kCougar, your 4" coping clips should have a much tighter reveal, like Chasmengr and RyanMcC. I'm going to send you a PM and we'll get this remedied for you. We are actually in the R&D process of seeing what we can do to reconfigure the clips on both styles of coping. While they need to be relatively loose in order to take on and off, there shouldn't be that much of a gap between the clip and the coping itself.

In terms of discouraging sliding clips, I've found that installing the coping screws close on either side of the clip location causes the pan-head of the screw to act as a "bumper" (for lack of a better term), which would hold it closer in place.

MMM923, you're correct in that trying to screw in through the top of the clip would drive the screw into the insulation rather than the aluminum, which wouldn't give you a tight enough hold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.