Not Sure If My Pump Is Okay?!?

I need to know if this sounds right? After I cleaned out the pump filter and when I turned it back on I could see water rapidly moving through the unit ~ you can see it being pulled into the skimmer and pushed out the return but after a few minutes I can't see any water moving through the pump ~ it looks like dry debris is just flying around in there ~ am I being deceived or is something wrong? I'm afraid to run my pump b/c I don't want it to burn up.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, i've had the unit off now for 4 hours...I would like to turn it back on but i'm unsure if I should?!?

your pump strainer basket should always be full of water...somes bubbles are OK but at least 95% full when running....have you check your skimmer basket to see if it is full of debris?

What you are seeing in the pump is water without any bubbles churning the debris. This is what you want and looks decieving. As long as you have water comming out of the returns, you are ok.

Mas,

THANK YOU!!!! Yes that little sucker IS deceiving. I checked it several times and everytime I would check the filter basket there would be water that would come out but no debris (skimmer basket was clean too) and the return was going at full force.

I am sooooooo worried about messing this up, thanks for answering this for me.

On an unrelated note: I vacuumed the pool in the Waste Mode and so far have had to clean it out about every 10 minutes b/c it quickly crams full of debris.

I don't quite understand if there is any advantage of running the vacuum while in Filter Mode, I am dreading my water bill! When in filter, what is the difference?!? Will the filter fill up as fast????

You will just dirty the filter, requiring backwashing, as opposed to vacuming to waste. Both will require water replacement. IF your skimmer basket were in place, that would catch the large debris and you would have to stop often to clean it out. 6 to 1, 1/2 dozen the other....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.