Eyeball Question

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
I have a 16 x 32 in ground vinyl pool with one return in the shallow end. How should the eye ball be pointed? Should I be getting some surface movement - in other words point the eyeball slightly up towards the surface of the water in the shallow end - or since I only have one - should it be pointed toward the middle of the pool (in terms of depth) and towards the deep end?

Should my pool really have two returns? I do have another eyeball fitting in the deeper end but it only has the trim ring on it. It's covered by the liner and it not returning any water - obviously. It also looks like I have a second return pipe sticking up out of the ground near the filter but nothing is attached to it.

Just an FYI - the pool does have a bottom drain.

If you point the eyeball at the surface, your pH will rise over time. If you have stable or rising pH I would point it where the greatest circulation would be achieved. I know that's subjective, but maybe think of it as "if paint were spraying out of this how could I paint as much surface as possible".

I only have one return and one skimmer and no (working) bottom drain and I get along just fine.

That return line is probably capped off due to a leak at some point in the past. I would aim the eyeball so it points parallel to the water surface to create a clockwise or counterclockwise rotation. Whichever works best to move stuff to the skimmer. Try each direction to see which works best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.