Losing Water?

zitica

May 12, 2009
Hello, I live in Miami, Florida, USA, and I have a screened pool, also have an A/C system that is Geothermal and the water gets heated when the air conditioner is on, the longer is on the more heated will be. Size aproximately 5m x 8.60m (7.8"x13.3").
Somebody already came and supposedly fix a leak, last year now I am loosing water again but not so much as I use to.
I do not know what is normal.
I have being measuring since 5/2/09 and today 5/12/09
I have lost 4 cm of water. No rain. The water is not to hot since it is not too hot yet. (will be soon). How will I know if this is ok, like evaporation or something like that.
Hope I don't have a leak again, it was very expensive.
If somebody can help me please, I would appreciate it,
thanks, zitica

Re: Loosing Water?

Welcome to TFP!

4cm (less than 2 inches) in 10 days is almost certainly evaporation.

You can verify it, if you wish. Place a bucket on a step in the pool, and add water to the bucket so the water level is the same on the inside and outside of the bucket. A leak will show as the water on the outside being lower than the water on the inside after a few days.

zitica said:
Thanks a lot JohnT, but if it is evaporation with the bucket like you said, I will still loose the same amount of water no?
Thanks,
Zitica

Yes. If the water level inside the bucket stays at the same level as the pool water, that indicates that the water loss is evaporation, not a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.