Acid question

In reading a lot of the posts I see that most are adding acid on a regular basis while practicing the top methods. While using tricholor last season I was always increasing ph and alkalinity. I'm finding that I will most likely be doing the same this year while using bleach/ liquid shock for sanatizing. My levels are starting to trend down now that the water temp is increasing. Been raining a lot as well which is probably lowering ph and alkalinity.

Some folks with new plaster pools are often adding acid as their pools "cure". Others who have SWGs may find the process raises their pH so it requires acid to lower.

Trichlor and Dichlor are acidic and were probably keeping your pH lower.

Rain usually raises PH through aeration. Each pool is different and fill water, rain water and evaporation rates vary by region. Lots of folks have high evalopation rates and relatively high TA in their fill water necessitating acid additions as well. In your area with plenty of rain and not all that hot I would not expect your PH to rise as fast, if at all, as someone in the southwest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.