Chlorine FAS/DPD Test

Rocket50

Gold Supporter
Apr 29, 2016
Nashville, TN
Bought the TF-100 test kit and seems like the chlorine FAS/DPD powder is going very quickly. No way I will get approx 75 tests from the amount that came with the kit. Directions state heaping scoop but I have been dialing back since I am doing a SLAM right now. Should I use smaller scoops? Just can't see this lasting much longer at this rate of 3-4 tests daily.

as long as the water in the test tube turns pink and there are a few chunks left in the bottom you are good :)

As you are doing a SLAM, use 10 mL of pool water and 1 rounded scoop of powder. You should be able to perform accurately with that. Each drop of 0871 reagent is counted then multiply by 0.5 (or just divide by 2, lol)

Go ahead and order more test reagents now as you've got a lot of summer ahead to test :)

That is why we generally recommend the XL option when you know you have a slam to do. At higher FC levels you also need to use more powder than you will when you get down to maintenance levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.