Cover cleaners?

Mar 9, 2009
Midwest
Sorry I haven't searched for this answer yet. I was wondering if there are cheap substitutes for the bottles of Pool Cover Cleaner. For solar covers and/or winter covers -- I am interested in both. Also for Spa Cover Cleaner.

aquamarine said:
Sorry I haven't searched for this answer yet. I was wondering if there are cheap substitutes for the bottles of Pool Cover Cleaner. For solar covers and/or winter covers -- I am interested in both. Also for Spa Cover Cleaner.
Why not a diluted bleach solution for the solar covers?
Are you looking for something to kill algae, etc. or a detergent type cleaner?

aquamarine said:
I'm not sure what I am looking for. I'll try the diluted bleach for the solar cover. And for the black tarp (makeshift winter cover) too? Can it be used on the spa cover too? It is an inflatable vinyl cover.
Is the inflatable cover porous (cloth like) or solid vinyl?

If it's porous or cloth like I'd use 303's Vinyl cleaner. It's intended for convertible tops (rag-tops) and works!

If it's solid vinyl I'd use a diluted bleach solution for the solar cover, black tarp, and spa cover...
Better yet, what's wrong with good old water? The price is usually right!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.