had this house and pool almost twenty years. never had to worry about the pool. gaseous chlorine made my life easy! Then the regulators took it away and I have been being abused by pool "Professionals" since, about three years now. always green now unless I drop two or three hundred in chemicals then its good for about a month! then start over. A certain local pool store had a worry free guarantee, but strangely never came thru on the guarantee. I was always missing a crucial step, so guarantee void! but keep coming in and buying more chemicals! I am done! I bought an aqua guard complete test kit and a lot of online research. And I'm taking my life back! (I hope) no where to go but up! Or I can fill it with dirt and have a garden!

Welcome to TFP :)

Step # 1, check (your here :))

That is a good test kit but you need 1 more test, FAS-DPD, it will allow you to test up to 50PPM chlorine and you will need that to complete a SLAM.. The DPD test that comes in your test kit is good but only up to 10FC and depending on where your CYA is you may need to have your chlorine up above 10 to start..

Check out some of the links in my sig below and ask lots of questions, we love it :)

Welcome.Please read pool school. So much informant that you can use to make your life and pool ownership easy! It doesn't have to be a nightmare.