spillway dripping causing loss of water in pool

May 16, 2016
wyckoff, nj
Hi:) I'm new here and hoping for guidance. Just installed a brand new pool (22x36 gunite, spa raised 2' with spillway). My understanding is that we have one pump that gets split between spa and pool. We lose 1" of water per day and that's without the heater on. PB came to pressure test all lines and noted no problems there. They think that the water dripping under the spillway is landing on the coping and directed away from the pool and, thus, causing the water loss. They tried drilling a channel under the spillway to redirect the water, but that did not work. What suggestions do you have to eliminate this dripping from the spillway. Note: we are unable to increase the flow from the spa because it will take away from the pool. I saw a few other posts on dripping/leaking and not sure if caulk would help and where it would be applied. Perhaps a different shape to the side stone of the spillway? Thanks for the help and let me know if I can provide any more info. See picture:

image.tiff

can you take out the spillway and run the circulation thru the pool only for a day and see if the water level goes down?

then same with the spa?

that way you will know for sure if the spillway is the culprit.

Thanks for the idea... the picture may not show it too well, but the water is slipping in under the rock face too. I'm really hoping for a way to stop the water from rolling under the spillway stone for the practicality of it as well as the aesthetics. I will try the grout solution.

- - - Updated - - -

I will also try to further evaluate the water loss source. I'm still trying to figure out my control panel/pool, so it may take a few days to have more info. Thanks

I am not sure what the "scupper" is made from but if water is rolling under it and dripping maybe is something small is glued on the width of the bottom slightly after the edge the drips will hit that and then fall down rather than traveling further back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.