Safe time to wait between LC and CYA

I also noticed that you were targeting 30 ppm from 20 ppm in your Pool Math. Unless you're planning on using pucks later in the summer or off and on throughout the summer, I'd suggest going to at least 40 ppm CYA if not 50-60. You'll consume less chlorine that way based on your location. But you might just be working your way up to that slowly.

I also noticed that you were targeting 30 ppm from 20 ppm in your Pool Math. Unless you're planning on using pucks later in the summer or off and on throughout the summer, I'd suggest going to at least 40 ppm CYA if not 50-60. You'll consume less chlorine that way based on your location. But you might just be working your way up to that slowly.

Yes, you are correct, I intend to use 4 - 3" Trichlor Tabs about (32 0z) that should raise another ~10 ppm when on vacation. Moreover, I have an opaque automatic pool cover that is closed most of the time (~95% in non season to 80% season), so that will most likely lessen the chlorine usage by some. -Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.