Im missing my diverter disk that accesses the main drain

May 16, 2016
CA
My pool was built in the late 70's. Im the second homeowner. Here is a picture of the inside of my skimmer. pool skimmer.jpg

I had (and have misplaced) the flat plastic disk (about a 1/4 inch thick) that fit down into the skimmer blocking the skimmer flow allowing flow from the main drain to the filter. I purchased one of these diverters, but it is about a 1/2 inch too small in circumference and also does not fit down properly as that circular "knob" in the 1st picture at the top is raised above the shelf the diverter would sit.
purchased diverter.jpg

Ive been to several pool stores looking for a replacement disk but the only thing they carry are these "UFO looking" diverters.

THE QUESTION-Can someone lead me to the old school diverter disk that will allow me to pull flow from my main drain. THANKS!

Best thing to do is get the diameter of what the plate should be then google it and start calling / emailing suppliers. I will however say this you don't "need" the diverter in some ways it is better to run without it. When your skimmer basket is empty it is true you will not be getting any flow from the main drain but as you get some debris in there the skimming action will reduce and some flow will pick up from the drain. Also not having it in there reduces the entrapment potential from the main drain. There are quiet a few on here that advocate not having a main drain as they do little for chemical distribution and can be dangerous especialy in older single drain pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.