Pressure Gauge Stuck at 20

SandyO

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2015
Oxford, MI
Thank you everyone for all of the invaluable information on this site. Thanks to you I was able to e comfortable maintaining my new-to-me pool and am now trying to open it using this method for the first time ever.

We are starting the year with a handful of small issues. The most puzzling to me is the pressure gauge.

When the pump is off, the pressure reads 20. It is like it zero'd itself out at 20. It was like that all winter and I didn't notice. We started our pump up this weekend and it now takes the 20 as it's starting point and goes up from there, essentially maxing out the gauge.

Can I fix this? Or do I need to buy a new gauge? This one was brand new last year and seems to me like they should last for more than one season.

You'll be happy with the gauge from tftestkits if you get the glycerine filled one. More reliable than the empty gauges and mine survived the winter here when I was testing it's durability. No I didn't forget it outside...

But bringing it inside in the winter is a better idea, even with a glycerine filled gauge.

The pressure gauges seem to be the item that breaks down most often when it comes to pools. Even though we've an indoor pool, meaning that the gauge is never exposed to the elemnts, we've had to replace it a couple of times. It's as if they can't stand the chlorinated water for very long - soon they get stuck and won't return to zero any more.

The pressure gauges seem to be the item that breaks down most often when it comes to pools. Even though we've an indoor pool, meaning that the gauge is never exposed to the elemnts, we've had to replace it a couple of times. It's as if they can't stand the chlorinated water for very long - soon they get stuck and won't return to zero any more.

Have you used an glycerine filled gauge yet or only air gauges?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.