Black algae and blurry pool questions ...?

May 27, 2015
psl,fl
Hi, thanks for all the important information all users bring here, hope can get some help about this issues.

ok, my Salt Pool get for the 3r year in a row " Black Algae " in winter time (around February) , I'm in South Florida and I have wild big brushes and trees on the next lot on the side of the pool.

So, I put my snorkels and clean the pool, a lot to clean, and at the end looks really really clean !!!!!, only some spots that are like clear gray, like the blue finish change a little bit the color, almost invisible, where the black algae was really strong. But at the end the pool looks blue and super clean, is like new pool :) when you see from the top, but when you see them really close you see the clear gray spots.

After the pool is clean, filter clean, I use the chemical to kill algae " Save On Pool Supplies Algaecide Algae Chemical "

Hope work this time and the black algae don't grow up again, because I think the black algae grow up in the same spots, where the clear gray spots are.

You think that the way to kill black algae, how/why black algae grow...? How to get rid of them forever. Every time I clean the filter after I clean the black algae I see little stones of the finish, not too much but if I keep doing this every year, I will make a hole in the pool :)..

Also, ANOTHER QUESTION for years, before the black algae issue happens and also now, I see the pool from the top and the water is cristal clear, no cloudy, perfectly clean, also I go underwater with some googles and is super clear, BUT when I'm underwater, don't using googles, and open my eyes I see totally blurry, I barely can see my hands, and I don't feel any irritation on my eyes, any idea, solids????

Thanks guys.
Walt

Welcome to TFP Walt :)

Could you please post a your current water test results, what test kit are your using?... If your CYA and free chlorine are at the correct levels you should not be getting algae..

As for opening your eye's under water your results will help us determine what is going on :)

Thanks for the welcome,

I have the basic test kit " 5way test kit for pool & Spa ", and when I do the test only I need to add muriatic acid only.

Salt is 3100
Chlorine was good 2.4
Bromine was good 4
Ph was good 7.5
the alkaline was bad so I have to add some acid

If this is not the right test ... What I need to do the test you need ??

if I go to my local pool store and they read a sample, this could be enough...?

Thanks
Walt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.