Speed Stir Question

TF Tim

Silver Supporter
May 9, 2016
Massachusetts
Hey all,
New to the forum and learning every day. This may a stupid question, but here goes.

Is there any reason not to let the speed stir run for the entirety of a test?

In other words, say for a FC test I am taking the 10ml sample, dropping in the magnet, putting in the scoop of powder and then stirring and letting it run constantly when dropping in the reagent to see how may drops to clear.

Is there any reason i should add drop stir and stop, add drop stir and stop?

TIA

Tim

Should one use a separate magnet just for chlorine testing like you use a separate sample tube for testing the chlorine sample?

I have a separate magnet for each test and at the end I just rinse them all off. Next time you need a refill they have them at TFTestkits.net. The extra magnets are not required, but it helps to speed up the testing.

I always keep my FC and salt magnets with those cylinders.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have often thought it would be cool if there were ml markings for both with and without the stir bar in the tube. They probably don't do it to avoid mistakes being made by people accidentally looking at the wrong markings and perhaps the volume of the bars is not consistent. In any case I know by sight how much the bar increases the level. I know I am supposed to put the sample in before the bar but I am lazy.

I know don't use the original tube to test your salt levels. I tried it and it looks like it made an eched ring around the bottom of the tube. I now used the tube that came with the salt test to test my salt levels. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.