Help with a new start up

Sep 15, 2015
CORONA CALIFORNIA
Hello TFT I need your help

Pool this plaster was finish late friday Saturday was acid wash and polish we finish filling today Sunday water pump is circulating

this is what I have 30k gallon pool plaster is Hydrazo Mediterranean blue

so far this is what I have

PH 8.2
TA 150
CH 250

what do I need to do monday besides brushing and vacuum.....I need help with the chemicals please

Go to PoolSupplyWorld online and order the TF-100 test kit. It is the one we most recommend.
Water Testing - TFTestkit TF-100 Seven Test Kit - TF-100

Being based in California you should get it fast. Then we need the following test results:
FC
CC
pH
CH
TA
CYA

New pools require close monitoring of the plaster as it cures. It will require you to add muriatic acid to lower the pH. It takes a few months to cure.

How are you planning on sanitizing your pool?

I would want to add chlorine, start getting the CYA up and lower the pH.

But you need to talk to the builder to see what they suggest to maintain warranty on the plaster.

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that my plaster sub told me not to use any powder chemicals....I call him and ask him about trichlor tablets and he does not recommend to used them he told me only liquid chlorine

I did added liquid chlorine today and tomorrow will take a test

thank you for your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.