Concerns about equipment noise level and location

In general, how far do people recommend having pool equipment in relation to patio/entertaining space? We are thinking about moving our equipment from a location literally in the middle of our yard approximately 25 feet behind the pool (unsightly fenced in box), to either the HVAC location next to the house or closer to the side of the lot still behind the pool. The HVAC location is currently 8-10 feet away from the patio and pool deck, it also shares a brick wall with our family room. Generally are people concerned with the sound level of the pool equipment? (Sand filter/heater/pump/etc)

We have had mixed reviews from pool builders regarding whether this would be an issue or not.

In general, how far do people recommend having pool equipment in relation to patio/entertaining space? We are thinking about moving our equipment from a location literally in the middle of our yard approximately 25 feet behind the pool (unsightly fenced in box), to either the HVAC location next to the house or closer to the side of the lot still behind the pool. The HVAC location is currently 8-10 feet away from the patio and pool deck, it also shares a brick wall with our family room. Generally are people concerned with the sound level of the pool equipment? (Sand filter/heater/pump/etc)

We have had mixed reviews from pool builders regarding whether this would be an issue or not.

My 3HP pump running at 3000RPM isn't as loud as my HVAC. However... my pool equipment is on the side of my house near my patio area ~15ft and I wish I could have located further away. In the grand scheme its not a deal breaker for me as the cost to located it on the far side of the house was too much and I wouldn't have wanted it in the middle of the yard boxed in.

My VS pump at 1100 RPM almost can't be heard and it is right next to the house. Running at 2200 with the booster for the polaris is a different story but that is only 30min a day and not while we are home so no problem for me, not sure about the neighbors take though ;) (I am sure most of them are at work too when we run it)

My Pentair Intelliflow is just about 15 from the water of the pool and just a bit off of the house corner. As already said, even at the highest sound level it is not as loud as the AC and especially when 2 of them are running. I would worry more about ascetics from a location perspective than the sound.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.