Completed hard piping Intex pool (pics)

mikepier

Mar 1, 2016
Wantagh, NY
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this website who helped inspire me to upgrade my Intex 14X42 pool.
Parts I used:
Intex 2650 sand filter
1.5" Intex Inlet and strainer
Intex plunger valves
Hayward 1091LX skimmer.

My pool originally had the pump and hoses facing towards my deck, but I ran a new electrical outlet to the opposite side of the pool by my fence so you cannot see any hoses or equipment, I ran 1/2 PVC underground from the fence to under my deck where I had existing power.

The skimmer was nerve racking to install, but it came out great, and no leaks.

I now have a crystal clear pool.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bXY4MllYQTEwdDVQZ2VFU2FEVU9FNEpEZFkyR1hn

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 128
Thanks.
Also forgot to mention I did make up the box adaptor connections to attach to the plunger valves, and to the pump.
I did not use any unions, but in one location, below the skimmer, I did use no-hub coupling for easy removal. Also I think it adds a little cushioning and play for the skimmer to move a little when the pool is in use. I think if left rigid, it would put some strain on the liner with a lot of movement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.