Water Behind Liner

Jul 14, 2014
Albertville, MN
Need help!! I made the mistake of draining the pool a bit to reattach the liner where it had fallen out of the track. When filling the pool back up I noticed that the foam coves behind the liner were floating on top of water at the water line of the pool. I am now draining the pool AGAIN to re-install the foam coves hoping that this is not an eternal battle that I have begun with filling and draining. Any suggestions on what I can do to prevent this from happening again? Is there an alternative to the foam coves that will not float? Should I be concerned that I have this much water behind my liner? Thanks!!

Well, that's not the best scenario, but let's see what can happen.

I would start by refilling the pool slowly and trying to manually work out the wrinkles as the pool fills. If you can get a foot or so in the shallow end, you will have it made.

If you cannot get the wrinkles out perhaps you can make them acceptable.

I have heard of folks using a plunger to move the liner around as you fill but I have not heard of great success stories. Go slow and take your time. I think you can get them back successfully. Do not drain your pool all the way next time

You know what I'd suggest? Not messing with it until the ground dries up. Your first mistake was draining it and now that you know that, we can move on to helping you fix it. It would be easier if you just wait and let the ground dry out. Leave everything alone. Let the water turn green. You're going you have to drain the pool to fix the coves anyway.

Okay, so the ground should be fairly dry now. It has not rained in a couple of days and there is no rain in the forecast. I am draining the pool now and plan on re-taping the coves. Is there anything that I can do to ensure that they will stay put when I fill the pool again?

If there is no water forcing them to float, they should stay in place. You can duct tape the top of them where they meet the wall.

I finally got the coves re-taped and the liner rehung except a few spots where the liner won't stay in the track. It's getting into the low 70's during the day. Should I pour hot water on those spots or wait until the daytime to try and fix those spots. Also, I'm guessing that I need to wait to fill it until it's warmer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.