50,000 gallons and TA is 230 this am

May 15, 2016
Denver/Colorado
What a fantastic site. Too bad in took me 2 years and lots of $$$ before I found it. I went to the DIY store and built the aerator inspired from Rangeball back in the day ( you can find it here on TFP - search for "my aerator"). I also pick up a couple go gallons of muriatic acid. It took 2 hours to build the aerator because I am slow. No glue necessary, all fittings held through PVC pipe pressure and it is actually is working. I will post a pic in about 5 mins. Total cost = $30.

Here are my numbers as of this morning:

pH 7.2
CH less than 1 --- just converted this year to a SWG that is not keeping with my demand yet. I have shocked twice in the last 48 hours and adding CH tablets in skimmer to help until the SWG kicks in.
TA 230
CYA 100

So, the plan is to aerate the water until TA comes back with acceptable limits and use the acid to lower pH as needed. Am I on the right path other than needing a lot more Chlorine?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
Water Balance for SWGs

Note that CH here means Calcium Hardness. What are you testing your pool with?

You CYA appears to be too high and if the SWG can not keep up, it must be due to something in the pool. To fix that, you might need to replace some water and then follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

Forget about the TA right now and focus on getting the water back under control and safe. TA is about the last thing to worry about.

I have the K-2005 it will work. However the titration method, which is what you just ordered, is superior in every way. When my reagents run out I will order the ones for the fas-dpd. However, either will work it is just a matter of ease and accuracy. I got mine for such a good deal I couldn't pass it up.

GL with the slam I am still in process on my swamp and am 2 weeks strong. Post some pics when/if you can.

Thanks
Jared

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.