Autopilot Check Flow- off

Sep 14, 2007
Virginia
I started having problems with my SC-48 Autopilot this weekend. The red light started blinking and the display said "Check Flow". The purifier is "Off". We checked all the baskets (skimmer, pump, filter in SWG) and found no blockage. The salt was reading was 2400 ppm earlier today but 2 days ago it read 2900 ppm. I came on here and looked around at older post and found one that talks about this. Following the directions in those responses, we checked the cell and found it shiny as brand new. We checked all the plumbing connections and all are in good shape, flow seems perfectly good for or 2 HP pump. My gauge dies over the winter again so we do not have a reading on this. We checked the flow gasket and it seems to be working correctly, no obstructions, closing when pump is shut off and opening when turned on. We disconnected the tri-sensor cable and the cell cord. Both are fine. My husband is an electrician with a lot of experience in wiring pools and has went over the electrical system and found no problems. We reconnected the cords and the salt now reads 200 ppm. The temperature has always been a little off but we dismissed this as the pump sits in the sun a lot. Now I'm not so sure. I'm using bleach to chlorinate for now and we checked the salt with strips, it is reading 2280 ppm. My sc-48 was installed in at the end of the season of 2007. My water balance is perfect so that is not a problem. I need any other ideas on what to check before we call for service tomorrow. As of now, my purifier is off due to the "check flow" error, the temperature is reading about 8 degrees higher than the thermometer is reading in the pool and I am going to check if I am still under warranty when I finish this post. Any help is appreciated.

Stacy
Virginia- 18'X32' ingound with 2 skimmers 2 returns and bottom drain, Autopilot sc-48, sand filter, 2 HP pump

Have you tried cleaning the strainer screen in the manifold? That is the most likely cause of check flow errors, though it doesn't account for the salt reading.

Also, check both ends and the entire length of the tri-sensor cord for bent pins, lose connection, and nicks or crimps or cuts in the cable.

Thank you for the replies. We did check the manifold screen and it didn't have anything in it. My husband went over the whole length of cord and connections at both ends and could not find anything wrong with it. He thinks the problem is in the tri-sensor itself because we have checked everything we can think of, everything in the manual and a lot of posts here and still haven't found the problem. Even though there is no visible wear and tear on the cord and the connections seem strong, I wonder if replacing the cord would be recommended before having a service call. If so, then where would a find a replacement cord? I did find that my SWG is still under warranty, so that is good. Again, any suggestions are welcome.

Stacy
Virginia- 18'X32' ingound with 2 skimmers 2 returns and bottom drain, Autopilot sc-48, sand filter, 2 HP pump

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.