Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I went ahead and plumbed in my AQR 15 SWG today. Overall no problems. I now want to add the salt, and was wondering does a guy need to pre-dissolve it or just can I dump it in? It's not wired up yet, but I want to have it all installed and the salt dissolved and then hire somebody to do the wiring, this way it will be all ready. Definitely feeling better about my pool with the Pentair Intelliflo and now the SWG. Any suggestions on how to add the salt will be greatly appreciated. If it matters, my plaster should be fully cured I would think. Thanks everybody, as usual your help is very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave the SWG turned off. Do you have a salt water test? If so do it, and dump in the required salt ( I use solar salt from the hardware store). Spread it around the pool (let the kids play with it if you have any and the water is warm enough) It will be dissolved in less than an hour. After 24 hours you can turn on the SWG and see what salt level it is reading.

I ordered the K1776 test kit which should be here probably tomorrow or the next day. It may be a week or better before I have the SWG wired up, but I wanted to salt in prior. That way it will be all plumbed in in the salt level will be ready when they hook it up. So by the sounds of things I am safe just dumping the salt in the water, no need to dissolve it prior?

10-4, thanks for confirming jblizzle[emoji106]

Thanks pooldv, my biggest concern that the salt sitting on my new plaster may be harmful. Apparently there are no worries there.

All that fretting for nothing. I added eight bags of salt, swept it around for five minutes and it is gone. I will let it sit for a day or so and check my salt level, hopefully I can get my SWG wired in soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.