Four day vacation

May 4, 2016
Bixby OK
Hi Will be gone for 4 days. There is someone home to put in chemicals if need be but he wont be testing the water. I leave tomorrow. I just tested and current numbers are FC 4.5, CC .5, PH 7.7, TA 160, CYA 55. I am going to add 3.7 oz of bleach and 3 oz dry acid tonight. I usually have to add about 20 oz of bleach every other day as well as small amt of either dry acid or borax. But while I'm gone, I was thinking of having him add only 16 oz of bleach every other day til I get home, to be conservative and hopefully keep everything stable enough til I get home. The weather here will be 60s during day and 40s at night while I'm gone. Thanks for any suggestions you might have for me.

Thank you that was a handy link. I just plugged in the shock level number and PH of 7.2 into poolmath and now I will make the additions of bleach and dry acid to shock the pool til I come home Thursday. Thanks so much everyone. Don't know what I'd do without this site!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I'll leave the filter running non-stop (cheapo that came with intex pop up pool) and a cover on the pool.

I am back from 4 day vacation. I had added enough bleach before I left to bring my FC up to shock level, hoping for a level of 22ppm based on my CYA level being 55. I tested today now that I am back from vacation and my numbers are: FC 25, CC 0, PH 7.4 but I know it's inaccurate due to high FC, TA 150 reagent turned it yellow due to high FC, CYA 55. I realize that I need my FC to drop to at least 25ppm. The next 3 days will be sunny so hopefully that will help. But I put my numbers in Poolmath and it recommends no chemical additions, however it does recommend replacing 27% of water. CYA of 55ppm is not terribly high so I thought I'd run that past someone before I actually replace 27% of water.

My pool temp is 65 degrees. I'm in Chicago suburb and expect next 3 days to be 75-80 degrees and sunny!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.