Pentair clean & clear plus trouble shooting

Chisek

Apr 19, 2016
Homer Glen, IL
I just opened my pool for the 1st time. I am not getting any pressure on my filter housing. In Fact after running my pump for a few min I am not getting any water out of the relief valve. I feel air coming out of the valve but it's as if the housing isn't filling with water completely. I do hear water entering it. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like your pump is not priming. Is there water in the pump basket? (pump on)

Yes. Although it doesn't seem to be as full as is was last season. The water level is down right now & I am only feeding the pump from the main drain. Could it be not enough water for the pump? As the water level comes up & I open the feed from the skimmers does that seem like it will fix my issue?

It takes a several minutes for the filter to fill and evacuate the air. Leave the valve open and blowing air until it fills and water shoots out, then close it.

I think you may have a suction side leak. A system running perfectly will have absolutely no air in the pump basket. Let's see if we can fix that.

With the pump running, do you get air bubbles coming out of the return (s)?

I think you may have a suction side leak. A system running perfectly will have absolutely no air in the pump basket. Let's see if we can fix that.

With the pump running, do you get air bubbles coming out of the return (s)?

Sorry for taking so long as I got tied up with things. I was never able to get my issue resolved. I replaced the gasket around the pump lid. Things look great, when I have the skimmer & main drain open. As soon as I close the skimmers the pump starts to starve. I get some water to the pump but it's not full & clear like when I have the skimmers open. There is no change whether I have skimmer & main drain open or main drain closed. Just when I close off the skimmers is when I get my problem. I've dove down & brushed some dirt near the main drain & it doesn't seem to be sucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.