Jandy Colored Lights - Engine PCB or the Whole Fixture

Mar 18, 2015
Encino, CA
I have an older model iAquaLink RS6 with the handheld remote. Last night when I turned on the colored pool lights, both spa and pool lights came on and then the pool light went dark (spa light still works). I am guessing the pool light is dead.
This morning I checked the GFCI. It is good. I have also determined that I have the 120V model (no transformer).

I am trying to figure out whether I need to replace the whole light fixture or just the Engine PCB?
Is there a way to confirm that I in fact have the "Jandy WaterColors LED"? We bought the house with the pool so I don't know who built the pool but I think the pool was put it around 2005. The color lights settings in the remote says "Jandy".

Thank you for your help!

PS. Totally not excited to spend $600-$700 on this project :grrrr:

First, check and see if the light operates from the pool pad panel.

If it does then turn off the power at the breaker, remove the pool light fixture set it on the deck open it up and see what is in it. That is the only way to be absolutely sure what is in there. There are You Tube videos on how to do this. I like the Inyo Pools videos.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.