DE storage?

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
I know the pros and cons of adding DE to a sand filter have been discussed in depth. My question is about how to store the powder since I won't be using it often. The best I can come up with is a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, but that means I have to move about 23 lbs out of the rectangle box it is in--after I find a mask to wear! :pale: :puker: That stuff is soooooo powdery fine! For those who add DE to your sand filter, how do you store your DE powder? It will be kept in the basement so exposure to weather is not a problem--just don't want the powder everywhere.

For what it's worth--I think the $20 investment was worth it--I can tell a big difference already. I just have enough to last the next 10 or so years. :p

Thanks!

Get a rubbermaid tote and drop the whole bag inside. Done.

Also keep reading the forums and whenever anyone near you is complaining of cloudy water and a sand filter, jump in and offer to sell them a coffee cans' worth of DE for a couple bucks. You could recoup your investment in no time!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.