Heater and Solar Panels!

NCSalt

Apr 26, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hey All!

Hubby has new :idea: ...yes, it's the same old nagging hubby from my SWG post, I decided to keep him around since the algea wouldn't even eat him :rant: but that's another story :mrgreen:

Anyway, we would like to acquire a heater for our pool since we are in the middle of an oak forest, and some of the larger tree's that shade our pool (for most part of the day) are not on our property so therefore we cannot have those taken down.
Mostly our pool temp does not go above 86 (mostly dwindles around 82) and that's in humid hot NC in the middle of August!

We are looking to get:
Solar Panels on our roof
A Heater that is then supplied with power from the solar source

We are in NC so if anyone can lead us in the right directions to where to start doing research that be great!
Thanks!

Cheerio!!

PVille said:
I installed Solar Panels for our pool last summer. On sunny days I can increase the temp of my 10,400 gallon pool 5-7 degrees. You can find more information about the project at htt://www.bakerlabs.com/solar and there is a link to performance data I collected during the first season. I only spent about $1200 for all the parts and did the labor myself.

Sounds awesome and looks rather easy to install...the only problem we have is that the house is rather far away from the pump/pool plumbing (about 55-65 feet)...and we are surrounded by oak-trees.

The roof of our home gets great sunlight but the pool doesn't. The tree's that block the sun are on our neighbors property so we cannot remove them.

But I am sure we come up with a solution! Thanks for the weblink I enjoyed reading about it!

Cheerio,
Tanja

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.