First PERSONAL Chlorine Test....

ok, wait a minute.....i used real pool water for the CYA test......just saw the R7065 (pool water) bottle with liquid in it.......was i supposed to use that?

- - - Updated - - -

why would it have "pool water" in it already?

- - - Updated - - -

okay....just made sense of the insert that was included in the kit.....let me try YOUR pool water to see if the R0013 is working.....

- - - Updated - - -

REALLY stressing here!

The sample of pool water is to give you an idea of what it SHOULD look like at the given number. I have never used the sample, personally.

The CYA test is probably the hardest to master, given the lighting requirements and learning how to look for the dot by glancing and not staring. It takes some practice.

The R-7065 is to calibrate your eyes and technique. If you mix that with the R-0013 it will get cloudy and should read 50 CYA on the view tube. If you're seeing some other value, you need to adjust something you're doing until you see 50. For instance, I have to hold the view tube only at the top with thumb and forefinger because holding it naturally with all my fingers touching throws off my reading.

But back to the original concern... In post #4 I suspected low CYA. It looks like you've confirmed it. I'd call the builder tomorrow and tell him what's up. Maybe he'll come out and add more CYA. But they always try to weasel out of warranty, so don't do anything that gives him an excuse.

More important than the test, you need to calculate your dosage.....the CYA will come to the level at which you dose.

So, if you put 5 lbs of CYA in your pool, your CYA will be at 40 ppm. Use pool math for your dosing and you will never have to "guess" at your test results

Ok, peeps......

First actual REAL test readings (or so it seems)

FC-5
CC-.5
CH-400
TA-90
CYA-20
PH-7.5

Pool Math says to add 70oz (weight) or 56oz (volume)......Really don't want to screw my great looking pool up in any way, so I'm gonna ask away.....which do I add to water (from a measuring cup) and pour into the pool (front of return)?

Also says to add 78oz of stabilizer (purchased that in liquid, so as to not have to worry about my question with that also)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.